Trying to lose weight is like any activity: to do it well you need to know what you’re doing. The problem is that there are so many ways of losing weight and so much bad diet advice everywhere you turn it can be hard to know what to do. That’s why sticking to the tried and true weight loss tips below can help.
- The best route to weight loss is through exercise. If you make sure to include at least 30 minutes a day of vigorous movement, like going for a brisk walk or a swim, you’ll find that you feel great and start to lose weight, leading to a healthier, happier you.
- Write down exactly what steps you are going to take to achieve your weight loss goal. Post the information in a highly visible place, such as your refrigerator, so that you are constantly reminded of what you are trying to do. Seeing that list provides you with a daily reminder of your goals and makes you much more likely to stick to your plan.
- When embarking on any weight loss program, try to keep your goals realistic. The safest, most sensible weight loss occurs gradually, by burning at least 500 calories more than you eat each day. By accepting the fact that the changes you desire will take time, you will be less vulnerable to the type of frustration that may cause you to abandon your program altogether.
- Try not to set time periods on your goals unless you find you’re really not losing weight. If time limits work for you, then go for it, but many people will be dejected if something comes up and the goal becomes unreachable. It’s better to have a more flexible goal which will only create positive results.
- When losing weight, try to find a weight loss buddy. This can be someone who is already fit and willing to help you with your goals or someone who has the same goals that you do. Finding a weight loss buddy will help during stressful times and they can even help persuade you to make healthy choices with food. You can exchange recipes and even exercise with this person. Having someone who understands what you are going through will be very helpful in achieving your weight loss goals.